THE JOURNEY TO BECOMING A SUCCESSFUL LIFELONG LEARNER FALLS ON THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE STUDENT.
Encore prides itself on the tailored academic traditions to accommodate a variety of student artist needs. Depending on what the desired outcome is for a student will decide what type of academic plan they will have. Encore has adopted the A-G course admissions as the minimum graduation standards for students of Encore. This means that Encore expects all students to graduate with a “C” or higher in all A-G courses in preparation for college admissions.
The Basic Requirements for High School Graduation are:
- A – HISTORY – Three years required (examples: World History, US History, Economics / Government)
- B – ENGLISH – Four years required (examples: English I, English II, English III, English IV, Mythology, AP Literature, AP Composition)
- C – MATHEMATICS – Three years required, 4 recommended (examples: Math I, Math II, Math III, Pre Calculus, Statistics, Calculus)
- D – LAB SCIENCE – Two years required, 3 recommended (examples: Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Chemistry II)
- E – FOREIGN LANGUAGE – Two years required (examples: Spanish I, Spanish II, Spanish III, Spanish IV)
- F – VISUAL & PERFORMING ARTS – One year required (Several available)
- G – ELECTIVE – One year required (Several available)
The Basic Requirements for Junior High Promotion are:
- 2 years of math (Pre Algebra and Algebra)
- 2 years of history (World History and US History)
- 2 years of English
- 2 years of Science (Physical Science and Biological Science)
Encore offers opportunities for students to create their own lifelong learner path. Encore has developed multiple six year plans depending on the student need for academic rigor. Make an appointment with a counselor for full information regarding the plans. You can also check Encore’s course catalog for six year plan ideas.