It is the goal of Encore to teach our students how to build a successful future using the resources and skills they learn in high school. As an arts school, the technical education components offered are combined with hands-on experience in the arts industry. Encore students that take an active role in the projects offered on campus will learn the following key pieces to working in the arts industry:
- Work ethic & Time management
- Project planning, follow through, and execution
- Proper etiquette for artists within their field
- Hands-on training and master classes from people within the industry
- How to start to look for jobs within their chosen career arts field
Encore offers a conservatory that is specific for students exploring careers for performers, teachers, business managers, and technical artists.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMERS –
- Students that are enrolled in a multi year track program for careers includes multi levels of training within their genres (an average of three instructors or teachers are in each career).
- Students that are enrolled as Professional Performers have multiple opportunities to take part in Master Classes and Encore Chats.
- Students have the opportunity to complete PreMaster and Masters Conservatory Certifications.
- The top 5% of performance students are recruited to be a part of the Professional Performance Artist Honors programs that takes part in an annual tour that teaches students how to plan for multiple stops.
- Students wishing to pursue teaching after high school can opt to take on advanced classes by working with Honors and AP coursework
- High school students have the opportunity to work with the Dean of Academics as a student intern that evaluates and takes part in direct teaching tasks and information.
- Students have the opportunity to become a Teacher’s Aide for a class during the school year.
- Encore periodically offers an after school performance program where students can try their turn at teaching during various after school programs and workshops.
- Getting involved in student government, National Honor Society, and California Scholastic Federation is suggested
BUSINESS MANAGERS –
- Students wishing to pursue a life in a business career have the opportunity to become a Teacher’s Aide for a class during the school year.
- Students that are involved in student government get an inside look on how to make a plan and follow through
- Students can be involved in office internships where they can gain hands on training as an office receptionist
TECHNICAL CAREERS –
- Encore offers a variety of training in various technical trades that can lead to careers and self built businesses
- Fashion Design
- Culinary Arts
- Podcasts and YouTube Channels