With the new enrollment season starting in January, Encore is setting up exactly how students will track their enrollment for the next school year. New students are not required to audition into a conservatory, but this will limit what courses they are available to sign up for. It is important that every student can tailor their schedule to meet their individual needs.
This program is new, beginning in the 20/21 school year.
Encore’s Hybrid program gives students the opportunity to choose classes in a variety of ways, giving them the opportunity to build their class schedule like a student in college would build a schedule. By definition, the hybrid program combines a variety of on campus and online independent study courses to create a student’s academic year. When a student decides to build a Hybrid Program, they will meet with their school counselor to lay out the entire academic plan for the student throughout their complete junior high or high school programs so each student knows what their detailed college plan will be.
- Hybrid Block days – Students choosing a Hybrid schedule on block days would generally come to school only on Red days or only on Black days.
- Students can choose a variety of classes based on academic achievement and arts interests.
- In general, students would choose four classes for the Hybrid block classes and two to three classes online using Encore’s independent study program (Encore limits online courses to three at a time.)
- Hybrid mornings – Students choosing a Hybrid morning schedule would generally come to school only in the morning, up to the first two classes of each day.
- Students can choose a variety of classes that take place on campus, one to two each morning for up to four classes.
- Students would then choose two to three classes online using Encore’s independent study program
- Hybrid afternoons – Students choosing a Hybrid afternoon schedule would generally come to school only after lunch, up to the last two classes of each day.
- Students can choose a variety of classes that take place on campus, one or two each afternoon for up to four classes
- Students would then choose two to three classes online using Encore’s independent study program.
Students enrolled in a Hybrid schedule program will be enrolled as an independent study student for the purposes of attendance. Students on the hybrid program may have participation points added to their gradebook to track their on campus attendance, but they will not have attendance taken when they attend traditional seat based classes. Hybrid attendance is shown in the same way that the independent study attendance is taken.
As a Hybrid Independent Study Program Student, the following procedures will happen:
- Student will meet with Encore’s Enrollment Manager to enroll in the Hybrid program.
- Once enrolled, student will meet with their school counselor to create an academic plan that will help the student achieve graduation during the Encore six year plan.
- Student will be assigned an Independent Study Coordinator that will help them with academic progress.
- Students will meet with their Independent Study Coordinator monthly to get academic progress plans and attendance reports complete.
- The Independent Study Coordinator will provide to the student the pacing plan for their academic schedule.
- Independent Study Coordinator will keep attendance records and proof of completion of work.
- Independent Study Coordinator will send emails to parents and students once per month to document academic progress.
- Independent Study Coordinators will have a weekly online chat to check on overall progress of the student.
- As work is completed by the student, a credentialed teacher in the correct subject area will grade the work if the work is not during one of the seat based classes
- When a student is enrolled in a Hybrid independent study program, they are assigned credentialed teachers that they can email and chat with online to work through parts that they struggle with if it is a non-seat based program.
- For courses that are enrolled as traditional seat based classes, the student will get grading, tutoring, and all instruction from the credentialed teacher that teaches the seat based class.
- Students enrolled in a Hybrid program will be given a notebook that they will be required to turn in to there IS Coordinator Monthly for participation in classes. This will account for part of their attendance.
- Students will record when they participate in a seat based class, signed off by the teacher or classroom aide.
- Students will record when they log in to Cyber High and keep track of time spent online.
- Students will record when they log in to a streaming or recorded lecture
- IS Coordinator will track participation and academic progress for the purposes of recording attendance.