NEW THIS YEAR!
COURSE SELECTION SCRAMBLE
Students will choose their classes for the fall of 2019 before Spring Break! For the first time in Encore history, students will take part in a live course selection scramble at their respective campuses. Students will choose their hopeful classes ahead of time and then meet with their hopeful teachers to get “signed in” to each of their hopeful classes.
- Students will use the Encore website, course catalog, and course selection worksheet to prepare for the scramble.
- On the day of the scramble, students will meet with each class period and sign up for the class or on the waitlist for classes that are already full.
- At the conclusion of the scramble, students will turn in their completed and signed schedules to their second period teachers. Teachers will turn in signed rosters and the completed schedules to the counseling department.
- The goal of the course selection scramble is to help manage expectations for classes and help students get the schedule that they are hoping for.
Schedule Scramble will take place on Friday, March 22 from 8:30 – 10:40 am
- Students will take part in the Scramble in the main quad.
- Maps of where teachers are located will be provided to the students
- Students should read the course descriptions for all of the available courses on the website prior to the Scramble
When students are choosing their classes, they need to make sure that as a junior high student:
- They are enrolled in a Science class
- They are enrolled in an English class
- They are enrolled in a History class
- They are enrolled in a Math class
High School students need to make sure that they are following the six year plan.
- 9th grade – Foreign Language, Math, Science, English
- 10th grade – Foreign Language, Math, Science, English, History
- 11th grade – Math, Science, English, History, Fine Art
- 12th grade – English, Humanities, Elective
Schedule Scramble, March 28, 2019
The scramble will be held in the H Building parking lot
The schedule for both campuses’ Scramble event:
- 8:30 – 9:00 am – Training in period 1
- 9:00 – 9:15 am – Nutrition
- 9:15 – 9:25 am – Period 1 sign ups
- 9:25 – 9:35 am – Period 2 sign ups
- 9:35 – 9:45 am – Period 3 sign ups
- 9:45 – 9:55 am – Period 4 sign ups
- 9:55 – 10:05 am – Period 6 sign ups
- 10:05 – 10:15 am Period 7 sign ups
- 10:15 – 10:25 am Period 8 sign ups
- 10:25 – 10:35 am Period 9 sign ups
- 10:45 am – Meet with current period 2 teacher to turn in the completed schedules
- 10:51 am – Lunch
Students will meet with their current 2nd period teacher at the designated scramble table to turn in completed schedules.