With the new enrollment season starting in January, Encore is setting up exactly how students will track their enrollment for the next school year. New students are not required to audition into a conservatory, but this will limit what courses they are available to sign up for. It is important that every student can tailor their schedule to meet their individual needs.
Traditional Enrollment is for the student that is planning to attend high school every day Monday through Friday. This student can opt for late arrival and early dismissal, but their schedule will be created in a traditional block schedule fashion. Students opting for traditional enrollment may wish to take classes within the arts conservatories offered within Encore. Conservatory classes are restricted to students that have auditioned and assessed into a specific conservatory level to meet the prerequisites for each class.
What is TRADITIONAL ENROLLMENT?
- Students enrolled in Traditional Enrollment have up to eight classes within their scheduling block, four each day. Red Day classes meet Mondays/Wednesdays and every other Friday. Black Day classes meet Tuesdays/Thursdays and every other Friday.
- Students will have a variety of conservatory level courses (Levels 1 – 6) to participate in that will offer a diverse rigor for fine arts programs.
- Students enrolled in conservatory level courses 1 and 2 will participate in two recital shows each school year, one per semester (Open House in January and EncoreCon during second semester).
- Students enrolled in conservatory level courses 3 and 4 will participating in multiple shows each school year. They will also be invited to master classes and field trips to help build artistic opportunities within their conservatory.
- Students that are enrolled in two or more conservatory level classes within the same conservatory are eligible to receive a conservatory letter and patch for Letterman’s sweaters and jackets.
- There are specific audition requirements for students wishing to enroll in Encore as a conservatory level student. Auditions take place three times per year – MARCH, JUNE, AND JULY.
- Current students of Encore wishing to change conservatories must audition at one of the designated audition dates to be considered for conservatory enrollment in an alternate conservatory OR to be placed within a conservatory.